Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bacon and Lemon Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I recently found out that most people say they don't like brussel sprouts even though they haven't tried them!  I think it's because we grow up hearing how terrible other people think they are and don't care enough to form an honest opinion of our own. Well, I set out on a mission to see how I could make brussel sprouts pallatable...and I surprised even myself.  I'm willing to bet this recipe would change anyone's opinion of the itty bitty cabbages. Plus...everything is better with a little bacon.



Time from Prep to Eating: 25 minutes

What You Need:
Cookie sheet lined with tin foil

The Stuff:
1 package of brussel sprouts, peel off the top layer then slice in half
Zest and juice of one lemon
5 bacon strips, pre-cooked then crumbled
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Here’s What You Do:
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place the brussel sprouts on the pan in one even layer then add the zest, oil, and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then toss with lemon juice and bacon bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment